Meeting Child Care Grants
Applying for a Grant
Small grants up to $400 per family are available for NAVBO meeting attendees who are bringing young children to a meeting or who incur extra expenses for childcare during the meeting. Grants are available for Vascular Biology 2019.
Applications are now open. To apply, complete the online childcare grant application by the deadline below.
Vascular Biology Child Care Grant
Deadline: September 10, 2019
- Child care expenses at the site of the meeting*
- Extra child/dependent care expenses at home incurred because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (such as overtime at a child care center, cost of a sitter, etc.)
- Expenses incurred in bringing a caregiver and/or dependent
Receipts will be required for reimbursement.
*NAVBO does not provide or recommend child care providers and does not assume responsibility or liability for child care services of any sort. It is the responsibility of the parent(s) or guardian(s) to thoroughly investigate all child care providers.
- Regular home-based child/dependent care expenses
- Travel or other expenses related to the attendee’s participation in the meeting (including meeting registration, meals, travel to the meeting, or other expenses the attendee would already be incurring by attending the meeting)
- Tickets to local museums, amusement parks, etc.
If the number of requests for grants exceeds the funding, preference will be given to applicants in the early stages of their careers.
NAVBO reserves the right to deny funds to applicants who misrepresent their funding needs.
Changes in Circumstances
If the need for your grant changes between when you applied and the date of the Meeting, you must notify NAVBO to explain. You will be notified if your need is still eligible for funding.