Michael Dellinger, Ph.D.
Department of Surgery
UT Southwestern Medical Center
Most soft tissues in the human body have lymphatics. In contrast, hard tissues such as enamel, dentin, and bone do not have lymphatics. Gorham-Stout disease (GSD) is a sporadic disease that is characterized by the presence of lymphatics in bone and by bone loss. Despite recent progress in the study of lymphatic diseases, the pathogenesis of GSD remains poorly understood. This lack of knowledge has hindered the identification of effective therapies for GSD. The goals of the Dellinger lab are to understand the underlying biology of GSD and to identify effective therapies for this disabling, disfiguring, and deadly disease.
Lab Web Site: http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/dellinger/
Members of the laboratory:
Devon Hominick (research associate/lab manager)
Noor Khurana (research technician)
*Dellinger MT, Garg N, Ferry T, Kelly J, Olsen BR. (2013). Meeting report: First International Meeting on Generalized Lymphatic Anomaly and Gorham-Stout Syndrome. IBMS BoneKEy. 10(476).
*Dellinger MT, Garg N, Olsen BR. (2014). Viewpoints on vessels and vanishing bones in Gorham-Stout disease. Bone. 63:47-52. PMID: 24583233
Ludwig KF, Slone T, Cederberg KB, Silva AT, Dellinger MT. (2016). A new case and review of chylothorax in generalized lymphatic anomaly and Gorham-Stout disease. Lymphology. 49:73-84.
Iacobas I, Klepper L, Kelly J, Ferry T, Dellinger MT. (2016). Meeting report for the 2nd International Conference on Generalized Lymphatic Anomaly and Gorham-Stout Disease. IBMS BoneKEy. 13(847).
Regan E, Sibley RC, Cenik BK, Silva A, Girard L, Minna JD, Dellinger MT. (2016). Identification of gene expression differences between lymphangiogenic and non-lymphangiogenic non-small cell lung cancer cell lines. PLoS One. 11:e0150963. PMID: 26950548
Wang W, Wang H, Zhou X, Li X, Sun W, Dellinger M, Boyce BF, Xing L. (2017). Lymphatic endothelial cells produce M-CSF, causing massive bone loss in mice. J Bone Miner Res. 32:939-950. PMID:28052488
- Gordon Research Conference: Basic Science and Disease Mechanisms in Multiple Organ Systems (2016; Ventura, CA)
- 21st International Workshop on Vascular Anomalies (2016; Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- 19th International Vascular Biology Meeting (2016; Boston, MA)
- 2nd International Conference on Generalized Lymphatic Anomaly and Gorham-Stout Syndrome (2016; Atlanta, GA)
- Invited speaker selected by graduate students in the cell biology program at Oklahoma University Health Science Center (2017; Oklahoma City, OK)
- Cancer Metastasis Through the Lymphovascular System: Biology and Treatment (2017; San Francisco, CA)
- Lymphatic Forum 2017: Exploring the Lymphatic Continuum (2017; Chicago, IL)