Meet Face-to-Face & Talk with Experts from NIH & HHS in 2017
Can you relate to this?
When I started working with NIH grants, I was told it would take at least two years to feel confident with my knowledge of the NIH process and policies, but I still wouldn’t know everything. I kept a list of NIH acronyms next to my computer and a hard copy of the NIH Grants Policy Statement on my desk at all times!
I only knew what NIH was through the perspective of my advisor and the one institute that supported our lab. Who knew there was so much to learn about different NIH funding opportunities and programs, and requirements for NIH applications and managing my award? It’s great to have an opportunity to learn directly from so many different NIH & HHS experts, all in one place.
If so, read on! The NIH Regional Seminar on Program Funding & Grants Administration provides an unparalleled opportunity for you to gain a better perspective of NIH policies and programs, network with peers, gather helpful NIH contacts, and return to your office or lab with useful information, resources, and tools to assist in obtaining and managing NIH awards.
Registration is now open for the following 2017 NIH Regional Seminar Locations:
· May 3-5: New Orleans, LA (General Registration Rates ending Friday, April 8! Workshops are also filling fast, so don’t delay in registering if this is the seminar for you!)
· October 25-27: Baltimore, MD (Just opened – be one of the first to register!)
In a nutshell, here is why you should plan on attending and reserve your seat today!
· Who attends? Over600 new investigators, research administrators, grant writers and others working with NIH grants and contracts will be in attendance from almost every state and numerous countries around the globe. The seminar is designed for those new to working with NIH grants. (This means session questions and discussions from those with roles similar to yours.)
· Who presents? Over 65 presenters from 16 different Institutes and Centers are presenting and making themselves available to meet individually with you during our 1:1 Meet the Expert opportunities. Get your questions answered by NIH officials representing program, grants management, review, and policy. From HHS, hear experts from the Office of Human Research Protections (OHRP), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), and the Office of Research Integrity (ORI). (See the New Orleans online for details. Baltimore will have additional staff available due to the proximity to NIH offices.)
· What are the topics? Over45 different topics during the two-day seminar with unique tracks specifically for Administrators and New Investigators, as well as an All Interests track with topics of wide appeal. Review the agenda and list of session descriptions today on each location’s website. But that’s not all! Check out the Optional Pre-Seminar Workshops on topics such as electronic Research Administration (eRA), human subject research protections, intellectual property & iEdison, and a new administrators “boot camp”.
Check out this snapshot of topics:
What are you waiting for? Register today and we’ll see you in New Orleans or Baltimore soon!